Monday, August 17, 2015

A Travel Themed Baby Shower

Welcome to the World


If you were a reader from travel mi amor then you know I HAD to have a travel themed baby shower. The theme was Welcome to the World!

Lets start with the crafts:

1 - Mod Podge Kleenex boxes and letters. Except we didn't use mod podge, my mom found out that using Elmer's Clear Glue (not gel) works just as well as mod podge; and its cheaper! We just painted the maps onto the Kleenex boxes and cardboard letters. They looked perfect!

2 - The 'Welcome' wreath was made by my best friend and co-host of the shower. I had seen many of these wreathes on Pinterest using wrapping paper for the holiday season. It turned out great and I LOVE it! Here is the tutorial she used.

3 - The food labels and gift tags were made by me using my Silhouette. This machine is pretty cool! If you're cleaver enough you can design your own designs or you can purchase some from the design studio.

4 - We also made some banners out of maps. This was pretty easy since we just cut out some triangle and strung them together with twine.


The food was one of the coolest things out everything I think! We had food from some of favorite countries!


America - Mini Hamburgers & Cupcakes
France - Macarons
Italy -  Spaghetti
Mexico - Taco Cups
Germany - Soft Pretzels
Asia - Crab Rangoon

And as a 'Thank You' to everyone that came I had little boxes filled with European chocolates and cookies! 


I absolutely LOVED my baby shower! Thank you so much to my friend Ashley, my mom and my mother-in-law for hosting and putting it together!




No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top