Sunday, January 31, 2021

A Reintroduction

Hey y'all, let me reintroduce myself! My name is Alexa and I have been blogging on and off since the beginning of 2011! I started with my blog, travel mi amor, and it was all about travel. On that blog I talked about pervious trips I had taken and I created a few "regular posts" like a Travel RoundUp where I would talk about what happened in the travel world that week and some Pinspiration posts too. And I will admit, some of my fluff content wasn't my own, I got ideas from others. 

But in 2014 I became pregnant and I figured I wouldn't be able to keep up with the frequent posting and the topics would venture away from travel. So in the summer of 2015 I created The Spotted Bulldog as more of a lifestyle blog and named after our sweet English bulldog, Lola. She was almost all white with one spot on her head...but, her skin was COVERED in small black spots that you could see on her belly and when we gave her a bath. That's how the blog got its name! And although Lola passed over the rainbow bridge back in 2016 we still have joy in our new spotted bulldog, Daisy! 

I think I did a pretty good job at keeping up with my posts...until I didn't. After looking back at pasts posts it seems that when we moved up to Wisconsin in 2016 things really tapered off. And I think one of the main reasons was that we had a basement office with no windows and no sense on inclusion with the rest of the family. So blogging and chronicling my life came to a stop. 

{Lola to the left and Daisy in the middle and right}

And now here I am in 2021 starting this bad boy up again in a time where people really don't read blogs anymore...whats up with that?! And guess what...still typing about travel! I am currently working on my posts from our trip to Australia in January 2020! 

Do you still read blogs? 

4 comments :

  1. Hi Alexa, welcome to the Travel Link Up! Of course we still read blogs - it's what gets us through the day now that travel is a distant memory :)

    Emmalene | A Brummie Home and Abroad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emmalene! Thank you for your comment! I actually use to join the Link Up from time to time back in the day when I was blogging more often! Hope to continue! I need to get back in the habit of reading the blogs I use to follow, and maybe find some new ones!

      Delete
  2. Yes, read blogs and blog😊cool name for a blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love love love the name of your blog! Such a sweet ode!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top